Monday, February 18, 2008

Close Call!

Yesterday was a very exciting day! It was my first tornado scare!... Go figure it kicked off midterms week.  A group of us were studying at the apt and heard a loud train-like whistle coming from outside.  Our friend Erica - who is from Florida and has lived through plenty of hurricanes, but not yet a tornado - informed us that this was what a tornado apparently sounds like.... Our immediate thought:   
"Jump into the bathtub, Desperate Housewives style and cover ourselves with a mattress." One major flaw in our plan...  We don't have mattresses!!!

We turned on the tv and found out the sound was an alarm generated by the City of Marietta, for no apparent reason ... but I must say, it was quite alarming to think of a tornado a comin'. I felt a bit like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. Except my plan is to take the aerobed and float on down the river with my bottle of Coppola in hand! I realize this isn't a joking matter, it was quite scary to think of what could have happened after seeing the tornado damage in N.C.! Life is full of surprises, none of which we can control. I'm just thankful everyone here is safe and sound!

No comments: