Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Heat is On

This week has been a prelude to what I suspect people refer to as August in HOTlanta! It's humid at 6am, its humid right now at 9:39 pm, its humid in my 64 degree classroom. My hair is wavy despite the straight iron I take to it AT LEAST 3 times a day. But who am I to complain, I grew up in the dry 100 degree Fresno heat. It is really not that terrible, but I'll confirm/deny that statement within the next month. 

Other than the weather, school is much MUCH better this quarter! I am in cadaver lab again, this time looking at visceral structures. I must say, it is pretty darn stinkin cool to hold a human heart or lung in your hand! I have seen cases of melanoma, tumors, emphysema, and goiters amongst other things. It is pretty fascinating, but I must admit it is sometimes a little weird still. 

I have begun going to clubs and getting my hands on more and more people. I feel like the meat and potatoes are just around the quarter. It is crazy for me to think that in three years I will be done with this program, mostly because I can't believe I've been here for seven months!
I miss the west, but I love the south. I learn something new everyday about it's history and culture. It is pretty cool!
 

2 comments:

Bridget said...

Glad to see that you are enjoying yourself, but we miss you like crazy out here.

Katie Fries said...

Yes. Yes it is that bad. Just wait until the day you realize that you never actually get warm when you sit in the sun. I lived in Chicago for 8 years; I know of which I speak. ;)

All kidding aside, it sounds like you are loving the program and the new experiences.